Laptops are amazing devices – they are compact, portable, and can do anything. To accomplish a lot of tasks, they want to heat up.
Laptops have fans built-in for a lot of reasons, so this is usually not a problem. However, if you are not taking proper care of your laptop, it may overheat.
Overheating can easily damage your laptop and cause hardware failure; This is the main reason that the laptop stops working properly.
So, here you will get tips to take your laptop safe from overheating.
The problem of overheating laptops is for years. The reason is rather simple. Laptop manufacturers are trying to make their products smaller and smaller.
To achieve their goal, they must make parts, such as motherboards, hard drives, etc smaller and smaller. They also have to keep all these parts close to each other. Microprocessors, motherboards, and hard drives all produce heat.
The closer they are to each other, the more heat is concentrated. The fans that are built into laptops to cool these parts may not work efficiently in such tight quarters. Add in the fact that it is difficult to avoid the heat, and you have a laptop overheating. When a computer overheats, it is likely to fail.
Here are some tips that you should know that will help protect your Apple laptop from overheating.
- Do not place your laptop on anything like a cushion when it is on. Soft materials can disrupt the airflow vent, especially the rear vent, which can cause the computer to overheat.
- Never put anything on your keyboard when the laptop is running in closed lid mode. It is likely that this will turn the computer on and off again and again. It can generate a lot of heat and can even drain your battery.
- Keep your computer closed overnight to allow it to cool down. If you use it intermittently during the day, set it to go to standby mode when not in use. This will save electricity and reduce heat production from the components of the laptop.
- Make sure your laptop always closes when you are in a bag.
- Clean the air vents. The dust accumulates on the dents, which will block them and prevent them from working efficiently. You can also buy a small electric cleaner to clean the dust from the vents.