How to setup fingerprint lock in WhatsApp
WhatsApp supports the Android and iPhone chat apps with new and useful updates regularly. One of the recently added feature on Android is the ability to add fingerprint lock to WhatsApp Messenger. This means that you cannot use WhatsApp chat without unlocking the app through the fingerprint saved on the phone.
Of course, you need a smartphone with fingerprint sensor to work and the latest version of WhatsApp. The fingerprint lock feature on WhatsApp for Android works with phones that have a capacitive fingerprint sensor, and have an in-display fingerprint sensor inside.
How to set fingerprint lock on WhatsApp for Android:
Before proceeding further, make sure that you have installed WhatsApp version 2.19.221 or above by visiting the WhatsApp page on Google Play. Once that’s done, just follow these steps to secure your WhatsApp chat on Android with fingerprint authentication.
- Open WhatsApp> tap on the vertical three dots icon at the top-right and go to Settings.
- Go to Account> Privacy> Fingerprint Lock.
- Switch on fingerprint on the next display.
- Additionally, you can also set the period after which you will have to use your fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. It can be set immediately, after one minute or after 30 minutes.
- In addition, you can also choose whether you want the information content and the sender to appear in notifications.